9.17.2011

halloween tree and bats!

I found this cute little Halloween tree in the Target Dollar bins for $2.50. I love it because when Halloween's over, it stores flat. The only problem was: What do I do with it?
 Ornaments were the answer, but since there is not an abundance of tiny Halloween ornaments, we made some!

My son and I made the ornaments (bats, witch's hats, pumpkins, leaves, a cat and my son made a little flat piece on to which I drew a pumpkin) from Filo dough. It was only 99 cents a package at Michael's the other day!

Last night I spent some time in front of the TV (Six Feet Under rerun) cutting out lots of black bats and hung them up this morning with that sticky stuff you use in dorm rooms (what's that called?).


They make our dull dining room a little more festive.
We're Halloweening over here already!

2 comments:

dear readers, i love your comments & questions! if you prefer you may e-mail me : aprilscraftnest at gmail dot com